Our desire is to simply follow the Way of Jesus every day. When our hearts are focused on Jesus, he lives through us, bringing this life into the lives of those we care about: friends, family, neighbors, etc. One great tool for helping our hearts focus on him, is the Life Change Group (LCG). This tool gives us an organic structure for reading Scripture, praying strategically, and confessing our deepest struggles with people we trust.
What is a Life Change Group?
The LCG is a strategic, yet simple tool that can be used to help start new churches or help existing churches mature and grow. The LCG leverages the power of real relationships for accountability and fuels internal motivation through the Word of God rather than employing external, programmatic pressures and tactics. It’s a grassroots concept that empowers “ordinary”people to become extraordinary disciples. The LCG utilizes basic elements for true spiritual change into the lives of people who desperately need Jesus.
What is done in an LCG?
The group meets once a week for about an hour, and has no “official” leader. There is no curriculum, workbooks, or prior training needed or involved. Three simple tasks are accomplished each week: Sin is confessed within this mutual, accountable, and safe relationship. Scripture is read repetitively in context throughout the week. Souls are prayed for strategically, specifically, and continuously. The ultimate goals of the LCG are 1) to see lives transformed by the power of God’s Word internalized and applied and, 2) to multiply the group into many other groups over time.
Who can meet in an LCG?
The groups are not co-ed, but are gender specific. The group is limited to 2 or 3 in order to increase confidentiality, make scheduling easier, and to encourage multiplication. The addition of a fourth person in the process is considered the beginning of the next group. In other words, there was one group of 3, now there are two groups of 2 that seek to add one more person each.
There are only two suggested qualifications for starting or joining an LCG:
1. A desperate need for Jesus Christ: Luke 5:29-32 Jesus said, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.” (NLT)
2. Faithfulness in the process itself: 2 Timothy 2:2 "You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others." (NLT)
How Do I Join a LCG?
If you would like to be a part of a Life Change Group there are a few ways you can do that.
- You can join an existing group that has room for a third person or is looking to add a fourth and multiply.
- You can download the LCG Brochure from the link at the bottom of this page, or pick one up at the church and get 1 or 2 friends to join you.
- If you do not know of anyone to join or ask to join you for LCG you can call the church office and our staff will help you get connected.